Friday, May 27, 2011

Hello Kitty Fondant Cake

This is one of the many hello kitty cakes we have done. They always turn out so cute. This is an example of a 3-d carved cake, usually covered in fondant for the smoothest finish. The entire body was just cut out and carved from a large sheet cake. 

This particular shape is rather simple to carve even for a beginner. If you are unsure of carving it free hand you can always make a large template. Print out your hello kitty and enlarge it to the size you want your cake to be, and then cut it out. Now you can place that on your cake, and cut the shape perfectly. 

For a more realistic form, further crave away around the ears, and round out the arms and legs, so they are not squared. We covered the head and body in fondant, but the hands and legs were piped with the star tip and icing. The bow and eyes are also cut out of fondant. 

Here I just wanted to show what a little photo editing can do for a picture. Remember most of these pictures are taken with my moms iphone, and she is not a photographer. I am also nowhere near a professional, and haven't ever really messed with photo editing too much, but what a huge difference it makes. I think I need to go back and edit all my pictures now. 
Obviously the before picture. It's a pretty huge difference right? Are any of you picture pros. First of all do you have any tips for taking better pictures with an iphone. Second can you tell me, did I do the color ok in the first picture. I had no idea what I was doing, i just messed with it until the pink was more bright, and to me that looked prettier. Did I do ok?

What do you think? Do you like it?
This blog is new so we'd really appreciate your support. 
If you enjoy what you see so far, please consider following this blog, and liking us on facebook. 



1 comment:

  1. This is so cute Bella!! The color in the first one does look very bright and pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Do you like what you see, tell us about it!!